Rules: By paying the entry fee, each participant agrees to abide by the following rules.
All decisions made by the tournament director and/or tournament officials will be final in all matters. The tournament director and/or the tournament officials can make a change when the safety of a contestant is in question or by a unanimous decision by the tournament committee. Any changes to the rules will be posted on the website www.majekownerstournament.com and communicated to the tournament members in the pre-tournament meeting before the tournaments. Read the following rules prior to signing of entry form.
1) Applicable Laws: Federal, State and Local laws are to be obeyed by contestants at all times. Violation of any federal, state and/or local laws will result in the disqualification of the individual and the team the individual belongs to from the MAJEK OWNER’S TOURNAMENT.
2) Divisions: The Majek boat owner and his/her guests may enter one of three divisions.
A. Team – One to four members. At least one must be a Majek Boat owner. All teammates must participate from the same Majek boat.
B. Family – Majek Boat owner plus as many family members as the boat allows via Coast Guard standards. All teammates must be members of the Majek boat owner’s family and must participate from the same Majek boat.
C. Pro / Guide Division - All anglers in the Family and Team Division must be amateur anglers. A third division has been added for “Pro” anglers which consists of any team with a person on the teams boat who has acted as a professional in the past 18 months. For this tournament, a "Pro" is determined by our definition. A pro angler, by our definition is:
*a licensed fishing guide.
*someone who has been compensated in any manner to take someone fishing (besides for reimbursement for expenses or shared expenses) *someone who is paid by sponsors and/or is given discounts by sponsors in place of or in addition to payment over a value of $2,500.00
Tournament prizes won in the past do not count toward professional status. The “Pro” division will receive trophies and tickets for the top three teams in the “Pro” division (the same as the Family and Team divisions).
3) Sportsmanship: MAJEK OWNER’S TOURNAMENT participants are expected to follow the highest standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and ethics. Un-sportsmanlike and unethical conduct will result in disqualification (at the tournament committee’s discretion). Please refer to the Texas Boating Safety Rules.
4) Weigh-In: The tournament will have only one weigh-in area. The weigh-in will be held on Saturday, August 10, 2019 at Roberts Point Park Pavilion in Port Aransas, TX. Teams may launch at any location and may bring their fish to the marina by boat or by vehicle. Weigh-in times will be between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Contestants who are not in line at the scales before 4:00 PM will not be able to weigh their fish. Teams who are not able to check in due to equipment failure or other unforeseen circumstances are responsible for contacting the tournament director before the official check-in is over.
5) Polygraphs: By signature on the official tournament entry form, each contestant agrees to submit to a polygraph test and abide by its conclusion. Polygraph tests will be issued at the discretion of the tournament director/committee if any rules or regulations are in question. The results of the polygraph are final and cannot be reviewed by a court of law.
6) Entry Fees and Tournament Registration: The entry fee for the event is $100.00 per person for adults and $25.00 for kids 17 and under. This includes dinner Friday night and Saturday night, 3 raffle tickets for the boat raffle and entry into the tournament. All entrants must be paid-in-full and registered to fish the MAJEK OWNER’S TOURNAMENT before August 04, 2019 or a late fee of $25.00 will be assessed to individuals who pay after August 4. All entry fees are non-refundable. All raffle tickets must have a first and last name written on it. A participant may only be drawn once for the ten finalists in the raffle. If that participants name is drawn again, that ticket will be discarded and another one will be drawn in its place. There is no transferring of tickets once a name has been drawn for the final raffle.
7) Safety: Safe boating will be observed at all times. Tournament days may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the tournament director/committee. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing. All boats must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment.
8) Fishing: Live bait, dead bait and artificial lures may be used. Members are allowed to wade fish from their Majek boat.
9) Eligible Fish: All eligible fish must be caught by rod and reel between safe daylight (time will be given at the Captain’s Meeting) and 4:00 PM on Saturday, August 10, 2019. Each team may bring three fish to the scales. Teams may bring one redfish between 20 and 28 inches with a pinched tail and two speckled trout between 15 and 25 inches. Each fish brought to the scale alive will receive a ½ pound bonus added to the team’s weight. No altered or mutilated fish will be accepted. Fish will be inspected for alterations in size, length and weight.
10) Prizes: Four trophies will be awarded to the top three teams in each division. One raffle ticket will be given to each team member for each pound of fish that the team brings to the scale. (Example: 16 pounds equals 16 tickets per person) These raffle tickets are good for the boat give-a-way. ONLY GUESTS 18 YEARS OLD AND OLDER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE BOAT GIVE-A-WAY. Teammates 17 years old and younger will receive different raffle tickets for the youth drawings. Five extra raffle tickets per person will be given to the first place team, four extra raffle tickets per person will be given to the second place team, and three extra raffle tickets per person will be given to the third place team.
11) Permission to be filmed for Television: Each entrant agrees to be filmed, photographed, taped, quoted or otherwise mentioned (without compensation) by the Majek Owner’s Tournament organizers, or by anyone authorized by the Majek Owner’s Tournament organizers. This includes but is not limited to the official photographers, writers, hosts, or sponsors of this event under the conditions authorized by the Majek Owner’s Tournament organizers. Each entrant gives the Majek Owner’s Tournament organizers, and anyone authorized by the Majek Owner’s Tournament, the right to use (without compensation) the entrants name, picture, likeness, quotes, and biographical information, whether audio or visual, before, during and after the period of my individual or team participation in this event.